Short-term Energy Optimizer (m/w)
As a Short-Term Energy Optimizer (m/f) you are part of the Energy Management department of Lampiris, a young, dynamic and growing team. You report directly to the Energy Sourcing Manager and within the Short-Term desk (4 p.), you are responsible for the short-term sourcing, balancing and optimization of the power and gas portfolio in Belgium and The Netherlands.
Your main missions are :
- Ensure the balancing of the gas and power portfolios on the short term markets, while taking into account weather conditions (wind, sun, temperature), consumptions patterns of our customers, the production of a large offshore wind farm and price opportunities on the energy markets.
- Work in collaboration with the Data team to improve the accuracy of the gas and power forecasting.
- Perform the optimization of Plate Taille (hydro pump storage) on the day-ahead and real time markets.
- Be the single point of contact with several market players in the energy landscape, amongst which : the Transmission System Operators (Elia, Fluxys), traders, other energy suppliers, our main green electricity producers, the operators of the power assets, trading platforms, data and services providers.
- Be responsible of your own projects in order to further secure, optimize or extend the activities of the Short-Term desk.
- Follow the market and regulatory evolutions in the gas and power sectors, attend dedicated workshops, assess the impacts of each market evolution and formulate recommendations for the Energy Management department.
- You have a master degree in a quantitative discipline (economics, engineering, mathematics, business administration,…).
- You are passionate about the energy sector and want to learn more about the energy trading.
- You speak French and English, Dutch is an asset.
- You can easily understand complex market mechanisms.
- You have an analytical mindset and can easily analyze and summarize a lot of information.
- You are able to work in a stressed environment and manage priorities in a timely manner.
You will be based in Liège and work in shift during 60 % of your time (week days : 7 am – 3 pm and 2 pm – 10 pm, week-end : 9 am – 5 pm).
- The opportunity to join our Young Graduates Program ;
Date de publication
Personne à contacter
- Energy Management